COMPAX has been providing high-barrier, multilayer tubes to the beauty, skincare and personal care markets for 25 years. Co-extruded tubes are plastic tubes, extruded with multiple layers to increase barrier properties. Our team is always here to help guide you along, but here’s some information about the different types of co-ex tubes to help you in your decision making process:
Co-Ex 3 Layer
- The layers: Inner PE, Polymer Bonding Layer, Outer PE
- *Polymer bonding layer is another way of saying plastic glue.
- Inner and outer PE layers are based on flexibility required by your product dev team. Hard tube products use HDPE for a layer, where more squeezable tubes require both layers to be LDPE.
Co-Ex 5 Layer
- The layers: Inner PE, Polymer Bonding Layer, EVOH, Polymer Bonding Layer, Outer PE
- The added EVOH (Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol Copolymer) layer provides oxygen, gas, solvent, and oil permeation along with UV blocking properties to protect your formula.
Co-Ex Lami / Polyfoil
- The layers: vary, based on your need
- Co-Ex Laminated tubes have an Aluminum sheet layer that is unique for formula protection, reliably protecting your product against oxygen, UV, water vapor, and even substance migration. The outer LDPE layer allows your brand to decorate in the same manner as a PE tube. Co-Ex Laminated tubes are also available in different material combinations, in case you have a specific resistance required for filling or desired rigidity.
MOQs for multilayer co-ex tubes typically start at 10,000 pieces.